“I've taken a lot of courses, and this is the one in which I learned the most — not through 'studying' but by becoming more present — and how things can then 'miraculously' fall into place for both me and my child. I am so grateful.”
Roland Mueller, Germany
NeuroHorizonsEurope graduate & Father of Special Needs Child
“In other movement programs I've been handed concepts and techniques, but it is here in our NeuroHorizons small group that I developed the missing piece — the much deeper embodied awareness and relational presence. I now bring far more of myself to my clients, to my family, everywhere. The outcomes are remarkable. Plus, I've never had so much fun learning!”
Erin Warnick, Ph.D (Neuropsychology), USA
Erin Warnick, Ph.D (Neuropsychology), USA
NeuroHorizons Graduate and Anat Baniel Method graduate
As does every other “brand” of movement education of our genre, we draw inspiration from the genius of the late Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais.
Decades ago he was the first to describe the subtle process of re-wiring our nervous system through unhurried self-awareness, variation, and differentiation — all via intentional yet gentle movement.
And, he was the first to show practitioners how to work in this manner with Special Needs Children, through gentle "movement lessons".
Yet today, no other program delivers our immediate focus on the children. Nor our emphasis on your embodied, relational presence as the key to envisioning, translating, and transmitting learning opportunities to the kids.
Rather than rely on rote "techniques" or "recipes", we guide you through the native learning process of growing your skillful and creative confidence working with young clients.
You empower yourself to empower these great kids.
1. ALL ABOUT EMPOWERlNG YOU TO EMPOWER THE KlDS.
The only focused yet complete training of its kind . . .
- We are all about supporting you to support the kids. Ours is Europe's first and only comprehensive program to integrate the cognitive, experiential, hands-on, and practicum instruction you need to address the diverse circumstances faced by Children With Special Needs.
Our unique, experiential synthesis maximizes and expedites your learning. Thus no additional lengthy and costly trainings (whether "basic" or “specialty”) are required in order to begin supporting the children.
You start working skillfully and confidently with the kids sooner than you might imagine.
2. lNTEGRATED CURRlCULUM NOT FOUND ANYWHERE ELSE.
Experiential. Embodied. Practical. Transformational . . .
- We deliver key concepts and tools distilled from our combined 50+ years as movement practitioners, teachers, and trainers serving countless families and professionals across Europe and the Americas. Our passion is to effectively share with you the attitudes and approaches that consistently lead to optimal outcomes for our young clients (as well as for adults).
For example, ours is the fully experiential program that emphasizes your development of an embodied, relational presence as the key to eliciting remarkable client outcomes, and to your personal and professional success.
Our sharp focus and tailored, expert curriculum (delivered over about 15 months depending on your certification preference) mean you quickly begin learning how to optimize the developmental trajectory of these great kids. Even after their very first program segment, our trainees report striking results using what they have learned ― empowering themselves to empower the child.
You will find more curriculum information on the "THRIVE" page.
3. SMALL GROUP + PERSONAL TOUCH = RAPlD LEARNlNG.
Train directly with the experts . . .
- We offer the only small-group (24 maximum) and entirely in-person training of its kind. You are taught exclusively by Master Trainers Sylvia and Kerstin (not by “assistants” or “apprentices”). This assures you of individualized and empowering support throughout the program.
Why do we prioritize this "personal touch" in our teaching? You may find the experiential learning process at the heart of this work to be unfamiliar and challenging at first. As you navigate the new territory, the value of sustained personal guidance from masterful, supportive, and passionate trainers cannot be overstated.
Your rapid learning is made possible by our unique and expert integration of cognitive, experiential, hands-on, and practicum instruction. Our “big picture” handbook, The NeuroHorizons Primer: Empower Yourself to Empower the Child With Special Needs, overviews our principles and priorities, which we bring to life in our Training.
The embodied, relational skill of our graduates and their client outcomes are a testament to our commitment to our trainees.
4. FULLY lN-PERSON, EXPERlENTIAL, RELATlONAL.
NO reliance on remote teaching, or disembodied "video training" . . .
- The flip side of our personalized instruction is that we do not rely on “distance” or “video learning”. Ours is a deeply sensory and relational craft that cannot, in our experience, be learned remotely by trainees new to this work.
Simply put, novices need sustained in-person guidance to activate their own neural plasticity and embodied, relational presence with self and clients. Such individualized support is also how we discover and move through our “blind spots”, which mask engrained habits and patterns that no longer serve.
We can then effectively translate and transmit all this newly embodied awareness, attitude, and skill into a creative and meaningful "dance" with the child.
5. FLUlD FORMAT RESPONSlVE TO YOUR NEEDS.
A creative, native learning process, not rote pedagogy . . .
- While we have created a focused and powerful curriculum, our highly responsive format fluidly adapts to meet the unique experiences and shifting needs of our participants in “real time”.
Thanks to our small group size and teaching philosophy, we are not bound by a rigid pedagogy transplanted from other programs, times, and places. Rather than impose rote protocols, we support you through the creative learning process. This is your key to personal and professional confidence and success.
6. MANAGEABLE & ENLlVENlNG SCHEDULE.
A program to enhance your life, not compete with it . . .
- We have designed our Training to fit gracefully into your life, rather than compete with it. Our 10 rich, energizing 5-day Segments (always including a weekend) are spread over about 15 months, plus optional 3-day Professional Supervision Intensives.
This scheduling maximizes your ability to manage, absorb, and integrate the learning during and between Segments. And you do so without overwhelm, burnout, or extended absences from family and work.
7. UNMATCHED VALUE.
Compare our curriculum and delivery . . .
- We are confident that our training offers the highest value for the least investment of your time and money.
We invite you to compare our sharply focused curriculum and learning trajectory; our in-person, individualized, empowering small-group learning with close support from two master trainers; and our sustained emphasis on your embodied, relational presence as the key to personal and professional success.
We welcome your questions and look forward to speaking with you!
Please Note: The NeuroHorizonsEurope Training is presented in English. Kerstin's German-language NeuroScanBalance® programs are here.
All text and photos ©2007-2022 Sylvia Shordike